DAY 01: Arrival / Negombo
Upon arriving in Sri Lanka meet and assist at the airport by our representative and transfer to Negombo from the Bandaranayke International Airport for your first night.
Overnight stay at hotel in Negombo.
DAY 02: Negombo / Anuradhapura
After Breakfast proceed to Anuradhapura.
En route you will visit Yapahuwa, Yapahuwa was one of the ephemeral capitals of medieval Sri Lanka.Yapahuwa was largely abandoned and inhabited by Buddhist monks and religious ascetics.
Anuradhapura is the most celebrated of Sri Lanka's ancient ruined cities. The city's greatest treasures are its dagabas constructed of small sun-dried bricks and hemispherical in shape. The most notable of these dagabas are the Ruvanveli which dates back to the 2nd Century BC and is 3 00ft in diameter, the Jetawanarama is 370ft and the Thuparama which enshrines the collarbone of the Buddha.
The city's most renowned relic is the sacred Bo-Tree which is said to have grown from a branch of the tree under which the Buddha gained enlightenment. It was planted 2250 years ago and is the oldest historic tree in the world.
Overnight stay at hotel in Anuradhapura.
DAY 03: Anuradhapura /Mihintale / Anuradhapura
After Breakfast do a city tour in Anuradhapura & proceed to Mihintale.
Mihintale is a mountain peak near Anuradhapura in Sri Lanka. It is believed by Sri Lankans to be the site of a meeting between the Buddhist monk Mahinda and King Devanampiyatissa which inaugurated the presence of Buddhism in Sri Lanka.
In the evening relax at the hotel.
Overnight stay at hotel in Anuradhapura.
DAY 04: Anuradhapura /Polonnaruwa / Sigiriya
After Breakfast proceed to Polonnaruwa.
You will be heading to one of the Historical Unesco World Heritage Site and this city gained more reputation during the late period royal family and nobility of Sri Lanka strongly supported Buddhism.
Polonnaruwa - the capital from 11th -13th century A.D. Here the monuments are better preserved. The circular relic house (Vata-da-ge) Lankathilaka, Thuparama, Royal Palace, Rankoth vihara and Galvihara with the beautiful rock cut Buddha statues are the most interesting.
Once the visit to this world heritage site is finish continue your journey to Sigiriya by vehicle..
Sigiriya - Sigiriya is a massive rock which was transformed into a citadel during the reign of King Kasyapa, according to history. The capital and the royal palace were abandoned after the king's death. It was used as a Buddhist monastery until the 14th century. The rock fortress is famous for its frescoes and the mirror wall. Sigiriya today is a UNESCO listed World Heritage Site. It is one of the best preserved examples of ancient urban planning. It is the most visited historic site in Sri Lanka.
Overnight stay at hotel in Sigiriya./h6>
DAY 05: Sigiriya / Dambulla / Kandy
After breakfast proceed to Kandy via Dambulla. In the Morning visit Dambulla cave Temple In Dambulla.
Dambulla is a vast isolated rock mass 500ft high and a mile around the base. Here is found the famous Rock Temple dating to the First Century BC. The caves of Dambulla sheltered the King Walagamba during his 14 years of exile from Anuradhapura. When he regained the throne he built the most magnificent of Rock Temples to be found on the Island.
On the way, visit ancient Aluvihara rock temple, located in Matale. Aluvihara is of great significance in the history of Buddhism. It was here that the oral teachings of the Buddha were committed to writing – the Tripitaka - for the first time in 3rd century AD.
In the evening Proceed to Kandy.
Kandy - Sri Lanka's hill capital, stronghold of the Sinhala Kings, is our most beautiful town. It is 488 meters above sea level and next to Colombo is Sri Lanka's most visited place.
The focal point of the town is, without doubt, the golden roofed Dalada Maligawa where the Sacred Tooth Relic of the Buddha is enshrined. There are many shrines and temples in and around Kandy, where you will see rare paintings, frescoes, wood and stone carvings. Kandy is an exciting place for shopping with souvenirs in wood, copper, silver, brass, ebony and bronze. Ceramics, lacquer work, hand looms, batiks, jewelery and rush and reed.
Overnight stay at hotel in Kandy.
DAY 06: Kandy
In the morning you can wake up with chilling little bit of cold breeze. Now you are in the cultural capital sacred city Senkadagalapura, then called Kandy.*
You will be ready for a City tour which can cover most of the temples in Kandy and you can see impregnable natural fortress secured by rings of mountains and river mahaweli. You can visit lankathilke , Gadaladeniya *
Overnight stay at hotel in Kandy.
DAY 07: Kandy / Nuwaraeliya
Today you head to Nuwaraeliya in the highlands, a stirring land of lush tea plantations, majestic peaks and rushing waterfalls.
Nuwara Eliya - The 'Little England' of Sri Lanka, is set against beautiful backdrops of Mountains, Valleys, Waterfalls and Tea Plantations. It is supposed to be one of the coldest places on the island, but it is really just like an English spring day, although the temperature does drop at night. All around Nuwara Eliya you will see evidence of the British influence. Houses are like country cottages or Queen Ann style mansions.
In the evening visit the tea factory where you will gain insight into the manufacturing process as well as an opportunity to taste and purchase the different grades of Ceylon Tea.
Overnight stay at hotel in Nuwaraeliya.
DAY 08: Nuwaraeliya / Adams Peak
After Breakfast proceed to Adams Peak.
Adam's Peak is a 2,243 m (7,359 ft) tall conical mountain located in central Sri Lanka. It is well known for the Sri Pada, "sacred footprint" a 1.8 m (5 ft 11 in) rock formation near the summit, which in Buddhist tradition is held to be the footprint of the Buddha, in Hindu tradition that of Shiva and in Islamic and Christian tradition that of Adam, or that of St. Thomas.
In addition to the religious requirement,most of the peopleclimb to the top to observe the effulgence of the rising sun which is like a magical happening created by mother nature.By the way you will pass through magnificent sceneries and will get an real experience of hill climbing adventure In the evening start the climb.
Overnight stay in Adams Peak.
DAY 09: Adams Peak / Colombo
After Breakfast proceed to Colombo.
In the evening do the city tour in Colombo.
Kelaniya Raja Maha Viharaya - Buddhists believe the temple to have been hallowed during the third and final visit of the Buddha to Sri Lanka, eight years after gaining enlightenment. Its history would thus go back to before 500 BCE.
Overnight stay in Colombo.
DAY 10: Departure
As all good things must come to an end, your chauffeur guide with comfortably take you to the international airport in time for your return flight.
Cost for the above tour would be as follows (The rates are per person, net in USD) & The Hotel Names as follows, (Valid from 01st July 2016 till 30th October 2016)
- NEGOMBO - Evid Garden - http://www.evidgarden.com/
- ANURADHAPURA - Miridiya Resort - http://miridiyahotel.lk/
- POLONNARUWA - The Village Hotel
- KANDY - Hotel Lans - http://www.hotellans.com/
- NUWARAELIYA - Pello Lake Resort - http://pellolakeresort.com/
- ADAMS PEAK - Wathsala Inn - http://www.adamspeakhotels.com/
- COLOMBO - Concord Grand Hotel - http://www.hotelconcordgrand.com/
Price per adult sharing Double room on B/B
The above Cost includes:
Accommodation on BB Basis (Bed & Breakfast basis).
- Starting on Day 02 Breakfast to Day 06 Breakfast
- Private Transportation as per the itinerary
- 02 Pax by Air Conditioned Car with English Speaking Chauffer Guide
- 03-06 Pax by Air Conditioned Van with English Speaking Chauffer Guide
- 07-10 pax by Air Conditioned Mini Coach with English speaking national Guide
- Colombo City tour
- Kandy city tour
- irport pickup and drop off
- Spice village tour & 15 min Ayurveda massage
- Cultural Dance visit
- All government taxes
- Drivers accommodation and meals
Above prices does not include:
- Anuradhapura – USD 25 per pax
- Polonnaruwa – USD 25 per pax
- Dambulla Golden Cave Temple – USD 15 per pax
- Sigiriya – USD 30 per pax
- Matale Alu Viharaya – USD 5 per pax
- Temple of Tooth Relic – USD 10 per pax
- Lunch, Dinner and any other meals or beverages not specified above
- International / domestic airfare
- Medical / travel insurance
- Any other transportation not mentioned above
- Personal expenses like bar bills, telephone bills
- Tips or portage
- Water Bottles
- Still / video camera fees
- Any items not mentioned above
Compliments from M &S
- Garlands on arrival
- Local Sim card
- The above Star classification is based on local industry standard & it's not based on the International standard Price is based 02, 04, 06, 08 and 10 adults.
- Prices are net in USD and inclusive of applicable taxes as at date.
- Rates may change without a notice if a significant currency fluctuation, Fuel Increase or Revision of taxes occurs.
- Rooms will be on availability & if in case if the said hotels are fully booked due to any reason, similar hotels will be provided in the same vicinity or nearest location.
- 30 days prior to arrival, no cancellation
- 29 - 15 days prior to arrival, 50 % of the Room cost
- 14 - 01 day prior to arrival, 100 % of the Room Cost